Saturday, January 8, 2011

first new york christmas



Christmas away from Victoria = my very own Christmas tree. I had a great time running around to find ornaments, finding out how expensive they are, buying a few (how could I say no to a narwhal Christmas ornament?!), making a few, and receiving a few in a care package from Mum. I do have to say that my favourite project was the faux capiz shell garland it did take me awhile to get it long enough even for my small tree and then I was paranoid that the cats were going to attack it so I was vigilant in repositioning it every night on the higher branches. I took the tree down today, carefully packed up all my ornaments and put them away. I think that's the worst thing about Christmas, how empty the apartment is without any decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment