Monday, May 21, 2012

was this really yesterday?


Was this really only yesterday that I was able to sit outside in the morning on my patio enjoying my homemade brunch and by the evening watch tango dancers in Union Square with envy? Today we are definitely experiencing more of a west coast spring day (read thunder showers) and here I am without any rain gear to offer protection. To anyone visiting NYC, city rain does not smell of earth or tomato plants but rather of a humid, sweaty city.


I derive absolutely no pleasure from the rain in the city. I do not want to put on wellies to run and splash through puddles, but rather think of the day Alyson told me she avoids all puddles in San Francisco as you never know where the puddle originated from. Photo documentation: oil slick, cigarette butt and (possibly the worst aspect) the unknown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment